Serving in our key region: Ruhr area
Important facts about the Ruhr area:
The Ruhr area, located in the federal state of Northrhine-Westfalia, is the largest metropolitan area in Germany with a population of 5.1 million inhabitants and annual growth of 43,000 people spread over 53 cities. It has the highest migration density in Germany, from every nation (eg. 26 % Turkish, 18 % Polish) and also the greatest number of students and foreign students in Germany.
Why do we need you to work in this key region?
- 4.5 million Muslims live in Germany (data from 2015). A third of them live in Northrine-Westfalia.
- 22 % of the population live from social welfare.
What is waiting for you in the Ruhr area?
- Very kind, open and accessible people
- a great infrastructure: good schools and universities, shopping malls, sports clubs
- many options for leisure activities and green surroundings easily accessible
- river Ruhr with its beautiful cycle paths throughout the Ruhr area
- exciting history about coal mines, iron and steel industrialisation
- Largest inland port in the world
Have a look at the requests for service in the Ruhr area that we have received:
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact us through your mission agency. We are only able to process applications from individuals who are supported spiritually and financially by a mission organization.
3) Christus Gemeinde, Oberhausen
Invest in social projects and evangelismMore information and job description.
4) Livingroom, EFG Duisburg-Meiderich
Help youth to turn aroundMore information and job description.
6) Free protestant church, Rheinhausen
“colorful . authentic . unified”More information and job description.
7) Baptist Church (EFG) Mülheim / Ruhr
International mission in city centreMore information and job description.
11) Christusforum, Gelsenkirchen
Multi-culti church in a multi-culti townMore information and job description.
14) Erlöserkirche, Gelsenkirchen
Working in a multicultural neighbourhoodMore information and job description.