DMG – together in God’s mission
Here you can find the core values of our organisation, upon which our work is based: how we see ourselves, how we see our ministry and why we do what we do ...
We are a fellowship of about 400 co-workers serving in over 70 countries around the globe, assisting evangelical churches in their calling to go out into the world:
All Christians are called to share God’s love with people, locally and globally. We do this in partnership with churches and organisations around the world: together as co-workers in God's global action (missio Dei), according to the Cape Town Declaration of the Lausanne Movement 2010: "We love God because He first loved us. We love God’s world, all He has made. We love the people of God, the church, called by Him to be a blessing and light to the nations. "
- We work for a world, in which people are transformed through an encounter with Jesus Christ and thus communities are renewed,
- Christian churches are a blessing to their society, effectively share God's love and competently care for their sent workers,
- God's glory fills the earth, so that all may experience God's goodness and thrive (Rev. 7:9).
- Committed to the Bible, the Word of God, which gives us clear guidance in faith and life.
- Dependent on God whom we trust personally with everything, including our finances: DMG is fully funded by voluntary donations.
- Living by prayer, in which we praise God, give thanks for His provision, seek His guidance and ask Him for His intervention in the world.
- Loving the church, so that all Christians live out their calling (Mt 28.18 ff).
- Living in community, mutually supporting and forgiving each other.
- Celebrating diversity, accepting different personalities and forms of worship as enrichment.
- Living modestly as good stewards of the entrusted finances.
- Reliable cooperation with partners on site: local churches, international or national NGO.
- Crosscultural services that require special knowledge and experience.
- Living out the Gospel in everyday life, loving God with all our heart and our neighbour as ourselves (Luke 10:27).
- Proclaiming Jesus by word, deed and life, especially where He is not yet known.
- Supporting churches in their cross-cultural engagement, especially in the sending and care of their international co-workers.
- Representing our international partners in Germany and recruiting co-workers for them.
- Supporting Christians who live in another culture.
- Loving people, sharing life and learning from each other. We respect their values and personal decisions.
- Appreciating cultures that reflect God’s richness and contain immense potential.
- Helping comprehensively, empowering, discovering talents and releasing the potenials.
- Aiming for quality services, sustainable projects, developed in participatory processes and implemented in genuine partnership.
- Living in integerity, committed to the truth, fair discussion of other worldviews.
- Transparency in finances and project goals and resolute rejection of any form of corruption.
- Selfless help, no discrimination with regard to race, gender and religious affiliation.
- Commited to lifelong learning and teachability. We acknowledge our mistakes and are grateful for all forms of constructive criticism.
© DMG, May 2013